Transform your life and be a force of creative change in your community & the world!
Open Studio Project is pleased to offer the Open Studio Process Intensive Facilitator Training Program. This art facilitator training program trains participants in developing an OSP practice and equips them to facilitate the OSP Process with others. The training combines one week at Open Studio Project with a post-intensive period of supervision as you conduct workshops in your community. With this, we make sure you are fully prepared to take on this important role in the world.
Having been written about in Art Is A Way Of Knowing & Art Is A Spiritual Path by Pat B. Allen, our studio at 903 Sherman Ave is the only place in the world that provides training on this world-renowned process.
OSP Intensive Facilitator Training Program will Provide:
- An thorough understanding of the Open Studio Process, including the intuitive art making and reflective writing primarily through experiential learning with traditional and unexpected art materials.
- An understanding of what makes Open Studio Process facilitation unique; and differentiating OSP Process facilitation from other group leadership modalities.
- Knowledge to comprehend essential components of OSP facilitation that help create space for OSP process.
- An understanding of facilitation variables associated with different media used in the primary OSP Process workshops.
- Knowledge on how to adapt OSP Process workshops to diverse groups and physical environments.
- Participants to actively engage the Open Studio Process of intuitive art making and reflective writing throughout the course of the training.
- A training schedule that includes in-studio art making & writing sessions as well as relevant ‘field trips’.
- Group discussions that will integrate insights gleaned directly from the participants Process experiences.
The art facilitator training program by OSP offers complete Open Studio Process Facilitator Certification, making it the only place in the world to provide this certification, personal enrichment, and support following the training. There is also the opportunity to become an in-studio facilitator, which allows you to teach the process in our OSP studio.
NEW: VIRTUAL FACILITATOR TRAINING
In an effort to accommodate all needs, we are now offering VIRTUAL Facilitator Training. We will host the training Live on Zoom, with a modified schedule of our in-person training, but the same focus and goals. We also have Facilitator Training Supply Kits available, stuffed with plenty of art supplies to get you through a full week of an intensive art experience!
Have no worries, you will participate in the same enriching training experience just as you would in our own studio. In preparation for the training, we will share resources on how to set up an art space within your home, among many other materials.
Want to see what it is like in one of our virtual classes? Check out another one of our adult virtual art classes: https://www.openstudioproject.org/programs/for-adults/
NEW: Social Emotional Learning Art Curriculum Training
In Person & Virtual Options!
Learn about our new evidence based social-emotional learning art curriculum. Train directly with the curriculum authors, practitioners, and art therapists working in Chicago-area schools.
In-person includes all art supplies and studio use. Virtuals will be given a supply list (for out-of-towners only).
This workshop will include some lecture and hands-on lesson examples.
Head Training Facilitators:
Patti Vick, MFA, artist, OSP Facilitator
Eli Bell, artist, OSP Facilitator
Iris Jacobson, BFA (Theatre), MA (Interdisciplinary Arts), artist, OSP Facilitator
Jan Ellenstein, artist, OSP Children & Youth Head Facilitator
Suzette Payne, MA, Process Work Specialist
Ted Harris, MA, LCSW, CADC, OSP Facilitator & Social Worker
Sarah Laing, MAAT Registered Art Therapist, OSP Executive Director
Dayna Block, MAAT Registered Art Therapist, OSP co-founder & SAIC Professor
plus other established and qualified facilitator trainers
*Facilitators and co-facilitators for each workshop day may vary, allowing participants to experience the process through different lenses.
Call 847-475-0390 or email email@example.com for payment plans and other options.
Cancellation Policy: There will be no refunds on any cancellations on the participants part, however, if OSP were to cancel a class at any time, the remaining amounts will be returned to the participant. If you are aware that you will certain days of a session, we are happy to pro-rate the cost.
**OSP is able to offer CEU’s for the following licenses: LSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC and General. If traveling from a different state, please contact your state licensing body to confirm they accept Illinois CEUs. We are currently in the process of being approved to offer PEL CEU’s, so check back here for updates.
© Copying, Distribution, Sale, or Purchase of Materials Or Information Displayed On This Website Without Express Permission from OSP is Prohibited.